[pct-l] Camp Shoes

I have not tried them yet, has anybody else tried this idea of using Teva
Protons for stream crossing?

-The Mt Goat-

Ken Marlow <kenmarlow@earthlink.net> wrote:
Sorry, this may have beaten around before, but I just got back on the list
after a 5 year hiatus. One person mentioned using REI reef walkers (Teva
Protons?). Anyone found that these or something similar make light camp
shoes?

I'm trying to keep the pack weight down but I'm not at the point of wearing
trail runners as a hiking boots(bad ankles) - currently using Montrail
Torres, as I'm taking a middle-of-the-road approach to ultralight hiking:
Gregory Z, WM Ultralight, Wanderlust 2-4-2 (I hike with my wife), MSR
Simmerlite, etc.

Nike (I think) used to make some camp shoes that bundled flat and were
light, but no where to be found. I'm using old Frostline down booties with
waterproof overbooties. Any other suggestions w' associated weights?
Anyone compared weight and comfort of running racing flats to reef walkers?

Ken Marlow
Class of '82