[pct-l] Failed Bag/Tent Combination

I agree, I think you might have had trouble with any tent or tarp.
Generally tarps will have less condensation than tents because the
airflow is better with a tarp.

When it rains alot like that and is wet everywhere you have to take
extreme precautions not to get your gear all wet.

In 1998 on the JMT in the first and second week of Sept, it rained 10
of 12 days on us.  Everything we had was getting damp, but we
succeeded in staying warm and maostly dry because we made a huge
effort to keep our stuff dry:
- We packed our bags in garbage bags
- we made sure that our bags were safe and dry before breaking down
the tent.
- when breaking down the tent, we always folded the ground sheet so
that all the wet parts were facing each other and tried to keep the
dry part (the top side that touches the tent) as dry as possible.  we
also did the same for the tent and rain fly.
- we took out our tent and bags and dried them in the sun whenever it
stoped raining.
- we placed all of our other gear between the sleeping bag and
external walls of the tent so that any leakage would get the other
gear wet before the bag.
- we would be very careful not to make the inside of the tent wet
with our soaking wet rain gear by taking the gear off outside the
tent and then putting the gear inside our pack.

peace,
dude