[pct-l] bears & food

Absolutely.  I camped at Lower Cathedral Lake in 1994 and hung my food (a
supply for nine people for six days).  A bear got all the food down in moments
by chewing the four-inch thick limb off the tree.  That was the last time I
ever hung food in a tree.
If you hang your food on the JMT and a bear doesn't get it, it only means
there were not enough bears available to service that particular tree that
night.
Marion