[pct-l] bears & food

marion - one of the only exceptions to the National Park System's ban
on firearms is for the protection of pack animals.  You can carry a
pistol, rifle, shotgun, or machine gun AND you can legally use it in
national parks to protect your pack animals.  its all perfectly
legal.  However, if you want to protect yourself, your kids, your
spouse from a bear using a gun, that is illegal.

peace,
dude