[pct-l] bears & food

In a message dated 1/1/2004 9:46:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, Ddd51@aol.com
writes:
> [...]
in Yosemite>>>>><<<<

I agree.  In forty years of travel in the High Sierra, I have seen one bear
that was not directly associated with a pile of campers. I have had them circle
my tent and blow their breath on me.  People are not on PCT bear's diet.
They are shy, gentle creatures... unless they want your food and you won't give
it to them or they have your food and you try to get it back.  The "between the
mother and cub" story is also true...I believe.

No Way
Ray E