[pct-l] To Bear or Not To Bear

In a message dated 1/1/2004 9:50:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
CMountainDave@aol.com writes:

> [...]
where bears are a problem, but everywhere>>>

Maybe you read something I didn't mean.  My personal feelings about bear cans
are that they are a pain in the ass.  Nor did I carry one on the PCT this
year.   And I didn't see a bear or a ranger.  My only "argument" was:  Carry or
Not, Do What You Want, Accept the Consequences of Your Choice, Don't Bitch.  I
don't argue for or against carrying bear cans, only choice.

It's a free world.  If one chooses to be a scofflaw, that's their personal
choice and they have every right to do so.  However, they must also be willing
to bear ( no pun intended) the consequences of that decision. The same for
climbing Mt. Everest.  Unfortunately, all too many people want the choice without
the consequence, hence, the rationalization. And...I apologize, for no offence
is meant, but your reply makes no sense to me at all.

No Way
Ray E