FW: [pct-l] Gear Test Notifications

>It has nothing to do with the PCT.
>
>The original poster asked in all the lists on the server if he could post
>his monthly posting. I'm sure he is also going to post it in
>rec.backcountry, alt.rec.hiking and otherwise. I don't know why he is
>pushing so hard, but I don't like it.
>
>Ilja.

    'Pushing hard'? He asked once, unless I'm missing something.

    As for 'It has nothing to do with the PCT', Andrew's posts will at
least potentially be of interest to folks looking for new gear. Heard
about the new bear canisters just coming onto the market? BGT has been
asked to test them. Want to know if your umbrella will stand up to trail
use? BGT tested Birdiepals awhile back. Trying to decide between various
possibilities for raingear? BGT continues to get new jackets and parkas
to check out, often before your local store does. And so it goes.

    This isn't a commercial site, folks. This is a nonprofit group of
hikers who are able to do what many of you would like to - test the new
stuff that's out there to its limits to see if the manufacturer's hype
is correct, or just marketing.

    Brick has said it's okay. But if you feel that strongly that he's
wrong in having done so, you might write him directly, since this debate
'has nothing to do with the PCT'.

    Ron

--

It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies.
	William O. Douglas

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com