[pct-l] Gear Test Notifications

Backpackgeartest already posts these little up-dates on other Yahoo groups associated with the great outdoors. They have approached both the PCT_ and CDT_Lists as well. I understand their desire (need) for the maximum possible exposure to the backpacking community. It gives them more leverage with the manufacturers when Jerry Goller approachs them about possibly testing their newest products. Given enough historical exposure, the initial contact will come from the manufacturer to BPGT, if only for a reality check against what their paid testers have told them. I wonder if they have asked the PCTA, CDTA,  ALDHA, or ALDHA-West to add a BPGT link to their websites?

BUT, if I want to know about the latest gear testing, all I have to do is go to Yahoo Groups and join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest/ Once therer, I have to wade through all the multiple postings by editors telling the reviewers what they need to change, but hey - that's what the group is about. The group is a great source of in-depth information not available on the website, and I get the opportunity to correspond directly with the reviewers and other members, even ask questions or put in my two cents worth.

Alternatively, if I don't want to spend all that time and am only interested in the reviews themselves, I can call up their excellent web site http://backpackgeartest.org/  on a frequency determined only by me and select Recent Reviews.

So can anyone else who is interested.

I must agree with Marge - keep this and similar items off the list. I vote "NO".

Wandering Bob