[pct-l] How to handle a bear

I did the same thing on the JMT at Center Basin. We returned from the river
to find a bear munching in camp. (It wasn't my food - mine was in a bear
can.) It took a rock to his head to get him to move, 10 yards away, and big
Mr. Fuzzy hid behind a skinny tree. I'm not that dumb. Realizing he planned
on sticking around, and not wanting to deal with him all night, I grabbed a
handful of stones and charged him, screaming like a banshee. He looked at
him with that same teddy bear look and then ran. I chased him what seemed
like half way to Forester Pass before I lost sight of him. He never did come
back.

AsABat
Don't try this at home.