FW: [pct-l] Gear Test Notifications

Andrew-

Looks like a great website with great information!!  However, I have to
agree STRONGLY with Marge on this.

Looks like 'Recent Reviews' are listed by date on your site at
http://www.backpackgeartest.org/newreviews.php which would allow someone
to 'catch-up' on anything they missed.  Also, anyone's who interested in
keeping up-to-date on your reviews can sign up for YOUR mailing list at
http://www.backpackgeartest.org/mailing_lists.php.  Therefore, I would
say that you shouldn't post monthly updates to the PCT list.  You have
your mailing list for review updates and the PCT-L list is for
discussing PCT issues.

I think this is something the list administrator should decide (maybe he
already has?) and discuss with you.

Just my opinion.

Jackson

>i think it is very easy to go and check their website, they have the
>same thing posted there and lots and lots more. i like the purity of
>the list the way it is now. cheers, marge (the old gal) ( a former
>geartester )

Hi Marge

Thanks for your comments. I will go with the majority on this if that is
ok
and the response has been overwhelmingly positive so far. Just one
comment
in response if I may.  I don't think it is as simple to determine which
tests have been recently completed as you imply, which is why these
monthly
postings seem to be quite popular elsewhere.  At the end of the day, the

intention is to provide useful information to hikers, but if folks don't

want them,  I will not post them.

Regards
Andrew