[pct-l] GIS layer for PCT

> I fail to see how a GIS database would help a PCT
hiker. About the only location references that a hiker
has available are GPS data, and his map and compass.
Since the GPS data won't match the map, it seems to me

that the only meaningful data would be the line on the
map, and possibly road crossings.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my post.  My hope
indeed was to get a GIS coverage (preferably Arc
shapefile) to combine with other georeferenced data
(e.g. hillshades, counties, federal lands, towns,
elevation, etc.) to make some cool map products.

This wouldn't be for use on the trail, just for
planning purposes and/or just looking pretty on the
wall.  Someone taking a relatively dense series of GPS
coordinates all along the pCT would be how this
georeferenced path would be obtained in the first
place.

Anyway, if I make anything cool map-wise, I'll let
y'all know and post it somewhere for download.

Thanks!