[pct-l] comparative stove weights

We decided to do our llama trek with a propane cannister stove last year (sick
and tired or fussing with a cranky, clogged whisperlite every other night).  We
wanted to determine how many pots of boiling water we would get out of one
cannister.  We used a gram scale and burnt thru one whole cannister by making
our morning coffee every day at home, in the kitchen, with the camp stove and
pot we use on the trail to heat water to rehydrate dinner.  We weighed the full
can, then weighed it again each day after boiling another pot.  We were able to
determine that we would get 15 days' cooking on each can.  This proved realistic
on the trail.
The same principle can be applied to your type of cannister stove.
Marion Davison