[pct-l] 2004 Planning Tip

Just a reminder that AAA county maps are a great tool for overview planning
of a hike.  They are just detailed enough for a great view of the trail and the
surrounding areas. You could carry several at one time with notes on them
without a lot of bulk after you trim them down.  I use the front and back of maps
for all my note information; phone numbers, resupply info, etc.  Very
convenient.  Make them waterproof and more durable with plastic film or paint
waterproof goo on them, like REI Watershed.

I guess you could go to any AAA office across the nation to order these maps
if you are a member or have a member do it for you.  In CA they should be
available at their offices.  Have a friend send some to you.  Later, Switchback