[pct-l] RE: water purification questions

(This got tied up in an email void, hence the delay.)

4 hours is a long time to wait for water.  It means you are going to be
carrying lots of water all the time. Although I can't state my source, my
biggest fear when hiking the PCT was not Giardia; it was Crypto.

Even so, $125 is a cheap water bill for 5 months. It also is insurance that
you are not going to have to cut your trip short, or be miserable for
hundreds of miles.

John B./Cupcake

--

Message: 3

Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:29:20 -0800

From: "Marissa Ferejohn" <ferejohn@hotmail.com>

<snip.

My other question is has anyone tried the MSR MIOX purifier yet?