[pct-l] WWW: Wear whatever works on your feet

I'm a boot person--heck, I even wear boots when I walk through downtown Seattle on my commute. I have incredibly high arches and have been wearing custom orthotics since 1987 to prevent severe foot pain.  I only wear shoes that my orthotics fit in--those with laces or straps. I can only wear running-type shoes (mine are Merrell's, which have the stiffest sole I could find) when I'm not carrying much weight.  Going barefoot or wearing sandals for more than an hour causes much foot pain--bunion-type, due the metatarsal movement as mentioned earlier.

All you folks who can wear less were blessed with better genetics for foot anatomy!

Wear Whatever Works....
Connie
I'll be the one on the trail in 2005 wearing boots