[pct-l] gates in the Sierra

Whoa!!!!  Not any grazing rights in the Parks or wilderness along the PCT
as far as I know and that includes most of what I would call the PCT Sierra
;  There are a few areas that do have grazing  (Monache Meadow), but none
of these had fences as far as I know.  Depends where you are talking about
and what you mean by the "Sierra" .  Grazing in the lower Sierras foothills
does not usually start until  the end of June.

There are "drift fences" in a few places put there by packers, often by
those that are licensed for that area or by contractors that are doing
trail maintenance.  They can be used by anybody with stock.  These limit
the problems with wandering stock.

You saw cattle and goats in the Sierras near a gate??????  WHERE ???

Goforth