[pct-l] New phone

I just saw an ad in Time advertising a new picture phone that has a 1.3 mega
pixel capacity. For someone like me who is not really into photography and has
relied on throwaway cameras in the past, I think the quality would be good
enough, since I'm satisfied with pictures taken last summer in the 800k range.
No, not the mountain range, pixelwise.
  As for the cost of transmission, why not get one of those unlimited minutes
after 7 P.M. plans? You could transmit from 7 P.M. to say 5 A.M. while in
town doing chores, eating and sleeping for no additional cost on your phone bill.
Am I missing something here? Or you could e-mail the whole shebang via a
communal computer with high speed Internet access while in town.
  The ability to transmit a photograph of any number of scenes at very little
additional cost to your normal phone bill and have them waiting for you by
the many hundreds on your computer at home is a phenomenon that I think will
become mainstream, especially for recreationists and vacationers by 2010. Sounds
like a good stock to buy to me.
 The best part about digital is that I don't have to worry about conserving
film. I can take three or more shots of the same scene and either keep them all
or just save the "good" ones to give me more pixelocity power
  Next best is saving a bunch on developing and film costs, not counting the
original investment in memory chips
 Now the next thing is to be able to transmit them from anywhere via
satellite at a reasonable cost. Maybe Japan or China will send up a couple of hundred
satellites each and greatly increase capacity. Until then, I may just look
into that 1.3 mega pixel phone camera