[pct-l] pct'04 planning

In a message dated 11/26/2003 7:21:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kdpo@pacbell.net writes:

> On the CDT we had a bad time getting back into the US. We crossed the day
> before they were closing Chief Mtn for the winter. We had already cleaned up
> as much as possible - laundry and showers. Caught a ride to the border and
> bravely walked up to the US border crossing station. Two guards came out.
> Their first words were "Passports, Please."

Yeah the borders guards at that station weren't that friendly at all.  You'd
think they'd know a little better beacause the CDT alternate, or is the
official trail, comes out right near there.  I don't think they leave their shack
all to often to investigate.  One of us tried to walk back down to ask a
question and were told emphatically not to approach.  I wanted to flip them the bird!

That's not the best place to get a ride, too much melodrama!  But the $45
shuttle back to East Galcier wasn't all too appealing at that point when funds
were low.

Sly