[pct-l] Resupply Strategy California

Hiker friends everywhere:

I'm very excited to report that Agua Dulce has a new (and truly marvelous) grocery store, Sweetwater Farms.  It's a full service grocery, with everything a thru-hiker could want for a good resupply.  And, they're stocked to the rafters with goodies of all descriptions.  Their produce section is truly marvelous, there's a full-service deli, bakery, and coffee and ice cream bar.  There is also an ATM machine. The new owners, Jeff & Misty Little, have put lots of tables and chairs out front to invite the weary traveler to sit, rest, and eat.  It's such a wonderful addition to our little town!

Hiker Heaven will be open and available for hikers to stay and rest in 2004, and will continue to serve as the mail drop for Agua Dulce.  You can send (or have sent) your cards and packages at any time.  We will hold packages until you instruct us otherwise, and there is no charge for any service we provide.  And, since we keep everything at our home, you can pick up your mail/packages seven days a week.  The local Post Office, Century 21 office, and Richard's Canyon Market are no longer valid mail drops, although packages sent to those locations wind up at our place (thanks to our FANTASTIC mail man).  Mail your packages to:

     (hiker name)
     c/o The Saufley's             If you have questions, call 661.268.1235
     11861 Darling Road            or email dsaufley@sprynet.com
     Agua Dulce, CA 91390

Also, for those of you planning your strategy, when you get to Agua Dulce, you will have access to most major outfitters (REI, Sports Chalet, Adventure 16) as well as every other major chain store. In other words, you can get what you need -- no worries.

Looking forward to the Class of '04!

-=Donna Saufley=-