[pct-l] ice axe length.

Dave,
REI says "The best all-around length is from your hand (hanging by your
side) to the top of your foot." I'm just under 6'1 and chose a 70mm ice
axe (Black Diamond Raven Pro). It doesn't quite reach the top of my
foot, but feels just right. You can probably get by with 70mm, but, at
6'4, may want to look for a model that comes in a 75mm length (such as
the aforementioned Black Diamond Raven Pro -- not as light as the Ghost,
but still light) Better yet, if you're near a climbing store, get their
recommendation for length.
Ron