[pct-l] pct '04 planning

This is very general question but I was wondering what kind of planning is
necessary for a pct thru hike (I'll be in the class of '04).  I keep
telling myself that I better start planning soon, but then I can't really
think of what needs to be done.  Over the past few years I've read a lot
about long disatance hiking (Ray Jardine's books, Chris Townsend's book,
etc.) and have tested out a lot of the ideas i nthe field.  I've also been
accumulating and testing a lot of the gear.  But besides that, what needs
to be done?  Jardine and the PCTA site have itineraries and resupply
locations and if I'm re-supplying as I go, then there's not really that
much in the way of re-supply planning (except for maybe when to mail
myself the ice axe, bug netting, etc.).   All the maps are in the guide
books so there's not much to be done there.  Assuming I have my gear
together, and I read up on what to expect and when/where, what else
really needs to be done?

Steve