[pct-l] Resupply in Etna?

In a message dated 11/24/2003 8:43:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chwillet@indiana.edu writes:

> To offer a different opinion, I went by Etna this summer, going from
> Dunsmuir to Seiad straight through.  Dunsmuir to Etna took 5 days
> through some really nice terrain.

Dunsmuir or Castle Crags to Etna Summit was one of my favorite sections of
trail in California.  I did go into town however.  We got a ride by a local
checking out the view at the summit, that loved the word "groovy".  Everything was
groovy, and on the way into town he was all over the road, showing us the
sights, while drinking a beer and smoking a bone!  He was cool.  Unfortunately,
no one was at the hostel, so he drove us over to the motel on the other end of
town.  They were hiker friendly and let us use the washer and dryer.  Decent
prices too, back in '00.

It was a groovy town!

Sly