[pct-l] Resupply in Etna?

My thru-hike itinerary, (taken from the PCT Hiker's Handbook) calls for
resupplying in Etna, CA. I've noticed that the Data Book and also the Town
Guide both skip over Etna and go from Castella to Seiad Valley as resupply
options? Well, the town guide mentions Etna but not as a primary resupply
point.  Etna's not even mentioned in the Data book?

My question is, do most thru-hikers skip Etna and resupply at Castella and
Seiad Valley which are ~157 miles apart! Or, is it worth it to stop at Etna?
I'm planning on averaging about 25 mi./day from Castella - Seaid Valley, so
that's about 6.5 days food...

Brian Bowlsby
PCT '04