[pct-l] sleeping bag liner

When it got to near freezing, I wore everything I had while in a 20F bag. I
was just warm enough on the coldest night and too warm on the warmest
nights. However, when I started the hike, my body fat percentage was low.
As I hiked, I gained weight until in Washington, the cold didn't seem an
issue, even though it was snowing when I finished. I thought my bag was
just right.

Asking us may not give you much useful information, though. Some people
sleep warmer than others. I had a friend with the same bag as myself. He
could never stand to wear anything while, in the same conditions, I'd use a
liner and my clothes.

A mistake I made on my through hike was not viewing my sleeping/shelter
gear as an entire system. Using a tarp with a 20F bag on warm summer nights
was uncomfortably warm when the mosquitoes were biting. Next time I plan to
take a cooler, lighter bag and add a vapor barrier along with my clothes,
sleeping pad, silk liner ground sheet and tarp. I think I'll enjoy the
flexibility of the optional layers. When it gets warm (late July to early
August), I'll just drift what I do not need ahead.

Tangent