[pct-l] Backpacks

I think what people are hinting at is you can resupply every 4-7 days and
use a smaller pack. My pack had 3750 cubic inches and it was fine. Though,
if you want to go out for longer stretches, a larger pack makes sense, but
you'll get a lot of people commenting, "Gee, that's an awfully large pack."
This can get tiring in more than one way. This happened to me when I had a
5000 cubic inch pack on the JMT.

When I through hiked, a fair number of people used the Mountainsmith Ghost
pack. Though, by the look of it, the Ghost's straps did not hold the pack
snug against anyone's back. Still, those using the Ghost seemed to like it.

Tangent