[pct-l] Sleeping Bags, Down vs Synthetic

> As far as falling into rivers goes.... I'm the guy who does that sort of
> thing. I was backpacking through the PCT/JMT area of the Ansel Adams
> Wilderness early May 2003.

I slipped and in a creek once and floated for ten feet or so til I got my
feel underneath me.  Water got in the pack, but because the down bag was
inside a plastic garbage bag I'd used one of those twist ties to close, the
sleeping bag stayed dry.  (I don't use a stuff sack)

Jeff