[pct-l] RE: Headlamps and Flashlights

In a message dated 11/14/03 6:51:40 PM, Ddd51@aol.com writes:

<<  It is amazing how
well our eyes can be adjusted to the dark if we are not dependent upon
artificial
light.

Well, to a point. I couldn't bring myself to cross a creek in the dark after
my flashlight bulb went dead, and waited until dawn instead. But I have cross
country skied at night (on a fairly level slope) while it was snowing without
a light. We had lights but decided to ski without them just for fun.
Impossible to get lost - just followed our ski tracks back to the hut