[pct-l] RE: Headlamps and Flashlights

Whether to take a headlamp or lightweight photon lights has always has always
been hard for me to decide. Headlamps are convenient but heavy and require
extra batteries while photons weigh less than an ounce but are not convenient
and are easy to misplace. Right now I am using a photon attached to my key
chain. I don't really use a flashlight much at all on the trail and the photon
gives me enough light for short trips out of the tent at night. When
mountaineering, I take a headlamp in case I have to hike back (on trail) in the dark