[pct-l] camera phones

In a message dated 11/13/03 10:27:41 AM, richard@hare22.demon.co.uk writes:

<<  Even if the lenses were
any good and the phone could take a 4mp shot  I doubt there's a  network
around at present which would cope with sending such large amounts of data.
(or even a backpackers pocket deep enough to stay connected whilst it gets
sent)

Maybe one day! It would certainly be a neat way to go!

I agree, maybe one day. Who knows maybe today's state of the art
communications that the fire fighters use to stay in constant touch via satellite will
become common place by 2010
  I remember when PC's first came out. Someone sneeringly remarked, "all they
are good for is filing recipes and check book ledgers." Of course there was
no widespread concept of the Internet.
  Then when faxes first appeared someone remarked that they would never catch
on because the paper used in them was too curly, never conceptualizing that
improvements could and would be made.
  Wireless Internet? Not possible someone assured me
   Given the fact that a monkey can now control a computer (and therefore
machinery)
 by thought alone, we may someday be able to feed the gold fish at home by
just thinking about it half a world away. Or transfer funds. Or book
transportation.