[pct-l] Hike Forester Pass-Kennedy Meadows

Just completed Campo to Lake Moreno on PCT. I just wrote a note about my experience. We saw no signs re "you are entering Cleveland NF", saw no rangers "patroling" to tell us to stay of of the NF.  (It may have been open by 11/8 anyhow)

I love the high country, am thinking about doing some of high sierras next season, start at Kennedy Meadows go north over Forrester Pass. What is the closest departure point after Forrester Pass? How many miles would that be on the trail and than access trails? Seems like I remember 50 mi? What are the road access points? Are there any people who would shuttle a group of 2? What NF does one go thru, what permits are needed, how difficult are they to obtain? Are there other mt passes to go thru, how many miles per day could one expect to do in the summer, probably Aug. Are there permanent snowfields to cross? Were there any bear issues this yr? Anything in particular I should know to do this section? I could look this up in the books, but Id appreciate everyone's input. I prefer response to me directly, lindajagger@yahoo.com.