[pct-l] Becky Selling's Introduction

Hi All,
   It's so neat to hear about everyone, where you're from how you got
where you are!  I thought I would share a bit about myself.  As seen in
the title of this message, my name is Becky Selling.  I'm currently a
sophomore at Cornell university majoring in psychology and neurobiology
(headed to med school).  Originally I am from Philadelphia, PA where I
went to a quaker school (for 13 of my 19 years).  Quakers are great,
talk to them about life if you get a chance :)
      I started camping basically before I was born.  My first summit was
black beute (sp?) in Oregon.  I climbed it when I was 2 years old.
I've been hiking ever since, and loving it more and more ever since.
 The outdoors is really my source of spritiuality so I can't stay
away for too long (thank goodness Philly has a BIG city park).
    I'm pretty involved with outdoorsy organizations at Cornell.  I'm
President of the Outing Club, lead a trip to the Adirondacks this
summer for incoming freshman and I instruct for Cornell Outdoor
Education.
    My parents started this tradition in my family that every time you
turned a new age you got to do a hike of that many miles.  When I
turned 7 I was allowed to hike 7 miles, just enough to get 1/2 way up
Mt. Katahdin in Maine and then turn back.  I wan't happy...my sister
got to go the whole way up.  Needless to say the next year, age 8, I
broke the tradition and hiked up Mt.  Washington in NH.  This year I'm
really breaking that tradition.  I'm hiking as much of the PCT as I
can in a collegiate summer.  I'm starting around Agua Dulce due to the
fact that exam weak coincodes perfectly with ADZPCTKO...sigh.  I can't
wait to see a bunch of you out there!
Dreaming of May......(should be studying)
-Becky Selling