[pct-l] Pink snow

The Dr's. right.  The pink snow will give you the runs.  By the way, to bring it up for all of us listers, did you read the article in Backpacker and the one before that in the PCTA magazine on water purity and purification.  A must read.  In short it says your chances of getting the crud from a backcountry water source are slim and none.  My two cents, I've hiked the Sierras for 35 years and only use my filter at lakes that aren't draining well (Chickenfoot Lake in Southern Sierras).  Never had a single problem.
P.S. - Don't eat the yellow snow either.
                                        Eric Yakel