[pct-l] RE: LNT

I got interested in NOLS and got a catalog.  The same catalog that had LNT
ideals laid out showed a group a NOLS horses grazing around the edge of an
alpine lake!  I called them and the first person I talked to seemed baffled
by my question and referred me to 'the' LNT guy.  He said, roughly quoting,
Yeah, well, backpacking isn't really leave no trace when you have the cars,
shuttles, and horses, plus all the equipment and people to pack food into
the back country. End of my interest in NOLS.

The LNT guidelines are useful and instructive when used with a little common
sense and an eye for the big picture.

John B., the hiker formerly known as Cupcake