[pct-l] re: digital cameras

>>First, I love my new Olympus Stylus 300 Camera! It
>>is all metal body and gets their " All Weather"
>>seal. ( Which mean it's a little better than

I gotta say, I lvoe mine, too. I bought it because I
was quite happy with my Olympus Stylus 35mm. BUT, I
vowed to never again scan in 350+ slides! :-)

I show off most of my pictures digitally, so I decided
to go the digital route.  I take my pictures in HQ
mode as opposed to to Super HQ mode, and been happy w/
the results.

Been taking pictures with it since April. If anyone is
curious about the picture quality, go to:
http://gallery.backcountry.net/Co03
(Colorado pics from April to October
or
http://gallery.backcountry.net/winds03
(Pics from the Wind River Range, WY over Labor Day
Weekend)

There was a small learning curve learning the
properties of it, but, well that is with any camera.

I plan on going all digitial next year for the CDT.
Will carry a spare battery and pack re-charger in a
bounce box. Still figuring out the best way to offload
pics. (Person at home with a card reader? ETc. Not
exactly a lot of towns with Walmarts or Kinkos in
Montana and Wyoming near the CDT. :D)

Mags

=====
--Thoreau