[pct-l] Training in So. Cal.

Dear folks,
    In some of the introductions, I've noticed a few:"I don't have much
backpacking experience...".  Well if you live in Southern California, I can
recommend a great course that is put on by the Sierra Club called the Wilderness
Travel Course.  It is a ten week classroom and several field experiences.  They
spend a weekend at Joshua Tree doing navigation and a little rock scrambling.
The highlight of the course is a snowcamping weekend in the Sierras.   It is
run all by volunteers and only costs $200.
    The course starts in early January and ends in March.  It would be a
great way to prepare yourself for more ambitious hiking.  Here is a link:
Wilderness Travel Course Home Page
    Scott Nelson