[pct-l] digital cameras on the PCT 04

On Nov 6, 2003, at 9:46 PM, Gray wrote:
> The next time I make a PCT attempt, I will leave my digital at home
> (unless
> technology develops to a point that I would be happy with it)
[...]
> This old Advantix camera took better pictures (on average) than my 2 MP
> digital, and was much more reliabale.

I think it is fair to say that a 2 megapixel camera just doesn't
produce a picture that can compare to a 35mm point-and-shoot camera.
If I  had to choose between the two formats I would pick the 35mm every
time.

I don't think this is true for a 3 megapixel camera.  If you want to
enjoy digital photos in the same way that you enjoy 35mm film photos
(print out, photo album, bring them to work and pass around, etc.) then
you *must* use at least a 3 megapixel camera.   Moving up to a 4 or 5
megapixel camera will
give you even more flexibility.

Radar
homepage.mac.com/at2002/