[pct-l] Cool Digi Camera and Jim Whitaker of Eddie Bauer

 First, I love my new Olympus Stylus 300 Camera! It is all metal body and
gets their " All Weather" seal. ( Which mean it's a little better than most in
the rain and snow ,but don't though it in the lake) Camera takes rechargable
batteries and comes with a small charger.  I bought an large cap. XD card which
is 256mb and an extra battery for my Kayak trip down the Yukon this summer. I
was able to hold all my pics for the trip on the card and downloaded to a CD in
Whitehosre. Delete the card and start again. Camera is quite small and light
with the famous Olympus " Clam shell" cover over lens. Two rechargable
batteries should last you 10 to 12 days no problem. Carry the charger or mail ahead
in drop box. ( You can even take a 900 second movie" No sound" with the 256
card. Yes,it may take a bit to catch up with the 35 cameras, but it is so easy to
download your pics  to computer and even a 11" by 17" Kinko's blow up off a
Target 29 cent print looks great to my " Untrained" eye! This is a great camera
for your PCT hike.
   On another note, at the mall today( picking up prints) Eddie Bauer had a
great black and white shot of a 1963 young Jim Whitaker that was blown up to a
6' by 6" print in front of store. They are advertising a jacket and the 40
year anniversery of the American Everest Expedition. ( I really want the 6'X6'
poster for my museum in basement!!!