[pct-l] portable CD disk burner.

A couple of question I have about burning CD's along the PCT. I hiked the
PCT in 2000 so I know some of my information is out of date.

How many PC's are available along the PCT. We hiked the AT this year and
found lots of computers in some places and none in other areas. I suspect
that northern CA, central OR, most of WA have few available computers.

Another question: Does the CD-burner require drivers/programs to be
installed on the host computer? I suspect computer owners would not want
hikers to install said drivers/programs on their computers.

I also enjoy the convenience of digital photography. Burning 2 copies of the
CD seems excessive, but it is a good backup procedure. I hope we can come up
with a good method of offloading the memory chips. I have lost too many
rolls of exposed film in the US Postal Service.

Ken