[pct-l] Another Introduction

I am Andrea Henninger (still waiting for a trail name!) and have lurked on
the list for the last couple of years, getting to know you all and learning
more about light backpacking than I could have imagined.  I was at ADZPCTKO
last April, have recently joined the PCTA and look forward to Kick-Off in
2004.

I am a 56 year old Soto Zen Buddhist priest, with one grown son and live in
Orange County, CA. I also work part-time at REI in Santa Ana, teaching the
Ultralight and Advanced Backpacking and Navigation courses at the store, and
am also the full-time Administrator of an engineering firm.  And, yes, I'm
very busy!

I didn't start backpacking until I was around 40 but fell deeply and
passionately in love with the mountains.  I have done several sections of
the PCT, plus lots of weekend trips in the Sierra and southern California
desert areas in winter.  I started lightening my load after reading an
article in BACKPACKER in 1994 on cutting your pack weight in half.  It
changed everything, making the trips fun instead of a drudge.

Thank you all for your generosity of knowledge.

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays!  Snappier product search...
http://shopping.msn.com