[pct-l] aqua mira.

With all this talk on water filtering and such, I was
wondering if anyone is planning to do the PCT in 2004
just using Aqua Mira?

I used it for 10 days around Lake Tahoe, and loved it.
 So nice not to have to pump water, or carry my one
pound MSR Miniworks... just mix the chemicals, wait a
bit, dump in water, and start hiking (drink in 15
minutes).  And making 4 liters of water in a Platypus
is just as easy... just mix 4x the chemicals.  The
thought of filtering 6-8 liters of water in my
Miniworks makes me cringe.  With Aqua Mira it's just
two tiny bottles in your pack and good tasting water.

Is there such nasty water in SoCal that you really
need a filter sometimes to cut through the gunk?

Peace,

Dave.