[pct-l] Sierra runs

This year, through the Sierra in mid June, I did not filter water, nor did I
have any problems.  In addition, I have hiked the Sierra almost every summer
since just after Mt. Whitney rose out of the slime, around May 1958.  I have
never filtered water nor had any problems.  That being said, next summer I'll
probably turn myself inside-out next  on the PCT from Tuolumne north.   I did
filter or treat water from Campo to Mt. Whitney.  All in all, I truly believe
that the Sierra are safe if one is judicious.  The extra 8 oz for a water filter
may not be all that much, however,  when considering the effort and expense
and time of hiking the PCT.

No Way
Ray E