[pct-l] Sierra runs

I have always filtered, boiled or teated my water in the Sierra and while
backpacking in general and have never once contracted Giardiasis under those
circumstances. However I have contracted it while on vacation and although
I've have had severe and not so severe cases, I would rather avoid it in the
future.

Yes there is the chance you could skip treatment and not contract it the
whole way. Personally though, I would rather carry the extra ounces than dig
catholes every five minutes. Is it worth it to you?

Be aware that even while treating water there is still the chance of picking
up a bug somewhere along the way. Use alcohol or antibacterial gel often.
Remember, hikers are not always the most sanitary of individuals, be careful
what you pick up in hiker boxes.

Tick