[pct-l] Cooking pots, digital camera

I'm back in Peru after spending about a month in the US, visiting family and friends, also managed to get in a few hikes. While driving from L.A. to Minn. I stopped at almost every Wal Mart that I saw, looking for a digital camera and other things that I can't get here or are too expensive here. Someplace along the way (Utah, Colorado?), I got a set of aluminum non-stick cooking pots for $10.00. It includes 1 and 2 qt. covered pans, an 8" fry pan and a medium covered kettle. They are very light, the non-stick surface works great (not sure how durable in the long run). The fry pan did get bent out of shape in my bag on the way back here but I straightened it out with no ill effects to the non-stick coating. I had wanted a 1 qt. covered pan for oatmeal, I think an individual one was about $8 so got the whole set instead.

It was all fun till I got home and got my credit card bill!! I had way too much fun, but I sure saved a lot of money! I never did find the camera, was looking for the 3.2MP Pentax Optio S. I ended up ordering from their online site and it had been reduced in price from $399 to $325, including a 128K memory card. Pentax has come out with a new model that is 4MP, for the same price (I think). Unfortunately, it didn't arrive until after I got back to Peru. A friend was able to bring it to me a couple of days ago and I love it except that the memory card is defective, so have to return that. Also for some reason I was thinking that the AC adaptor was included, it is not. It is highly recommended when you have it hooked up to a computer. It does include the battery charger (special lithium-ion Pentax battery) USB cord and a cord to use for connecting to a TV.

For those of you not familiar with the camera, it fits in an Altoid mint box, weighs 4 oz. and has a 3X optical zoom. Now I just need to figure out how to use all the features.

One of these days I will get some pictures posted and show you the sites here.

Vic