[pct-l] cook pots

Mea culpa - I didn't do my research before making the outrageous claims
I made regarding the thermal properties of various metals. I haven't a
clue as to the source of that "info," but now that I understand the
standards of this scholarly forum a bit better, I will do better in the
future. Please, forgive me for erring. Hopefully we can rebuild the
relationship...

But I think you miss the point(s) entirely:

1) Ti pots work good for boiling water, they suck for real cooking.

This is not based upon scholarly research, but from my observations and
experience in the field. I have my ideas as to why, but that is entirely
beside the point.

2) Al and Ti cook pots perform roughly the same.

Regardless of the actual coefficient of thermal conductivity or the
relative thickness of the materials, in my experience, as configured in
the typical cook pot, Al and Ti perform roughly the same. The shape of
the pot probably has more effect than the material.

3) In this instance, to me, money is irrelevant.

Having some close experience with Alzheimer's, I'm simply unwilling to
use non-anodized aluminum for food prep. I don't care that it is (as I
indicated) a purported link as opposed to an established link. And we
don't want to get into how many times the scientific elite, working with
the the best data and technology available at the time, have been just
flat out wrong (and so our knowledge grows). Everything is a judgment
call, some are just easier to make than others.

You, on the other hand, obviously feel differently. I'm totally down
with that - I don't feel the least need to make you wrong in order to
feel that I make the best decision for me.

Jim