[pct-l] cook pots

>>Now that we established that aluminum conducts heat ten times as well as
titanium, do you argue titanium pots are ten times thinner than aluminum
pots? I doubt so. But maybe you have a few numbers for me? <<

I don't specifically have any numbers. Nor am I saying titanium is
intrinsically better than aluminum. I've got lots of ti pots of various
sizes. Don't know how much I paid for them all, but it's a bunch.  I've also
got a bunch of aluminum pots along with a set or two of stainless steel.

For the trail I carry the Evernew .9 titanium. Why? Simply because it has
got a decent handle. None of the ultralight aluminum pots have side grip
handles, though some have bail handles. So to eat out of these pots you need
to also carry a separate pot lifter. I don't like pot lifters because, 1-
it's one more item to lose,  2- there never around when you need them, 3-
they weigh more than the built in handles, 4- I'm more likely to spill the
contents of my dinner on the ground.

Titanium does have a better life span, though with proper care any aluminum
pot will last multiple thru-hikes.

As far as I'm concerned you can carry anything you want. I wanted to state
that titanium pots are for the most part significantly thinner than their
aluminum counter parts. That may not be true of the Wally World grease pot.
But then the grease pot wasn't designed to be a cooking pot in the first
place. It was simply adapted for that purpose by ingenious hikers. Still
when comparing numbers, you have to cover all of the factors, not just those
that bolster a specific conclusion.

If you wanted to really save weight you could boil your water in an aluminum
foil pot or better yet use a paper cup. And yes you can boil water in a
paper cup, just very carefully!

-- Fallingwater