[pct-l] introduction

Continuing on a theme, I'll introduce myself again. I hiked from Springer
to Damascus on the AT in 2002 to see if I liked the long distance
hiking thing (most of my experience was in shorter trips and
mountaineering) and I was hooked.  I hiked the PCT
this summer from May 9 to August 21, which allowed me get through the
fires and
weather in Oregon and Washington.  My trail name was Suge or
Sugarmonkey.  I live in Bloomington, Indiana, but try to escape to
the Smoky Mountains as often as I can.  Certainly nothing like the
West, but still nice and I can get some good exercise in, something
that the topography of Indiana does not allow.

I've got some mad plans for a traverse of the western desert, following
in part the route known as the Desert Trail, but mostly on my own.
I'm not sure if I'm tough enough for Death Valley in late May, though.
For now, the CDT with an alternate route in the Greater Yellowstone
area is in the works for next summer, pending snow levels in Colorado this
winter.  If the snow is heavy, I may hike the AT.

Chris

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics
Indiana University