[pct-l] cook pots

Hi Ron,

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Ron Moak wrote:
> Numbers, numbers, numbers! It's all in the numbers. True titanium doesn't
> conduct as well as aluminum. However, the reduced conductivity is offset by
> the fact that titanium is far stronger than aluminum, therefore pots can be
> made much thinner

Now that we established that aluminum conducts heat ten times as well as
titanium, do you argue titanium pots are ten times thinner than aluminum
pots? I doubt so. But maybe you have a few numbers for me?

> If we're going to spout out endless variety of numbers, then we ought to
> make sure we've got our fact's right.

I totally agree with you wanting to get facts right. I hate if people
discuss a complex issue (effects of aluminum exposure to the brain taken
over decades) and then are unable to state simple physical constants
correctly.

I'm using aluminum pots because I see quite a few advanteages. If this can
be shown to be unhealthy practice I will switch immediatly. For that I
need to see references. So far most of this discussion is based on
hearsaying. I have the feeling that the titanium pot users believe they've
got the wonder-material because they paid a lot for it.

Ilja.