[pct-l] cook pots

>> The numbers vary but aluminum conducts heat ten times as well as titanium
and even steel conducts about twice as well.

Maybe this happens because titanium doesn't conduct too well? <<

Numbers, numbers, numbers! It's all in the numbers. True titanium doesn't
conduct as well as aluminum. However, the reduced conductivity is offset by
the fact that titanium is far stronger than aluminum, therefore pots can be
made much thinner (ie thinner metal conduct heat faster). It's also heavier
than aluminum on the density scale. So a cubic inch of titanium weights a
lot more than one of aluminum. There again stronger means thinner, thinner
means lighter.

If we're going to spout out endless variety of numbers, then we ought to
make sure we've got our fact's right.

-- Fallingwater