[pct-l] shoes

Hmm, be wary of buying multiple pairs before you start.  Most people's feet
change significantly as they hike.  The shoes you wear day to day will
adjust somewhat and continue to fit your feet.  New shoes, the same size as
the ones you've been wearing for a while, often do not fit.  Longer and/or
wider sizes are often required after spending a few hundred miles on the
trail.

I used to be a women's 12 before I started long-distance hiking.  Now I'm a
men's 13 (Can't find women's 14-15s).  I may be an extreme example but most
people do have some change along the way.

It may be worthwhile to plan a side trip or two off the trail to go to an
experienced outfitter who can remeasure your feet and make sure the next
pair will fit properly.

Mara

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor

>From: "Judith Rush" <crush@ptd.net>
>Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:19:19 -0500
>
>   My son wants to get a couple of pairs of shoes for next years thru-hike,

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays!  Snappier product search...
http://shopping.msn.com