[pct-l] cook pots

Given the purported link between non-anodized aluminum cookware and
Alzheimer's, to my way of thinking, the potential long-term cost is
simply not worth saving the few bucks. Given the expected lifetime over
which the cost of a quality piece of gear can be amortized, those few
bucks fade to insignificance. HYOH & YMMV and all that, but until Ti
pots came along, I was more than happy to lug stainless.

As far as performance goes, Ti is an excellent conductor of heat
(similar to aluminum, much better than stainless) - works great for
boiling water. If you want something that heats evenly for really
cooking stuff (flat bread, eggs, etc), it sucks. The material used is
just too thin and too good at transferring heat to heat evenly across
the bottom. It is also quite stiff (resistant to to dings and dents) and
tough (resistant to fatigue). I have been really happy with the 0.9l
Snow Peak pot. An oz of alcohol will easily boil water for a drink and a
meal, and it makes a great container to pack everything into.

Jim